Funeral Administrator / Operative
- Completing documentation and arrangements for funerals (cremation, burials and the interment of ashes) including liaising between ministers and families and doctors or hospitals.
- Maintaining both manual and computerised records of funerals.
- Invoicing clients and following up unpaid accounts.
- Meeting clients in office to take funeral instructions.
- Administration of donations.
- Maintaining accurate details of ashes held.
- General office duties including answering telephone queries, correspondence and Sage accounts.
- Production of service sheets.
- Conducting mourners on Chapel visits.
- Oversee caretaker.
- Other duties as required.
- Taking instructions for Funerals and arranging funerals both during working hours.
- Conducting Funerals (following training).
- Removal of deceased from hospitals, nursing homes and private addresses.
- Driving hearse and limousines on funerals (full clean driving licence).
- Bearing on funerals.
- Coffin finishing.
- Preparation of deceased.
- Cleaning vehicles.
- Journey work for removal of deceased.
- General duties as directed.
The funeral business can be very unpredictable and the employee will be expected to adopt a very flexible approach to their work and will be expected to work overtime with little or no warning.
Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- ½ hour lunch.
- Holiday Entitlement (24 days holiday/annum).
Applicants should have a good telephone manner, smart appearance and a sensitive and caring disposition. A strong background in administration and customer service is essential. The successful client will need to be adaptable and able to work unsupervised with a ‘can do’ attitude. Training will be provided but a background in both administration and hands on funeral operations would be advantageous.
Please send a covering letter and CV to:
Hillier Funeral Service
170 Victoria Road
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 2nd November, 2017