Funeral Operative / Administrator
- Taking instructions for funerals and arranging funerals both during working hours and during on call rota (following training).
- Conducting funerals (following training).
- Removal of deceased from hospitals, nursing homes and private addresses. during working hours and on the 24 hour rota (phones will be transferred to home number during the night.
- Driving hearse and limousines on funerals (full clean driving licence).
- Bearing on funerals.
- Coffin finishing.
- Preparation of deceased.
- Cleaning vehicles.
- Journey work for removal of deceased.
- General maintenance work of properties (when quiet).
- Conducting mourners on Chapel visits.
- Oversee Caretaker.
- General duties as directed.
- Completing documentation and arrangements for funerals (cremation, burials and the interment of ashes) including liaising between ministers and families and doctors or hospitals.
- Maintaining both manual and computerised records of funerals.
- Invoicing clients and following up unpaid accounts.
- Meeting clients in office to take funeral instructions.
- Administration of donations.
- Maintaining accurate details of ashes held.
- General Office duties including answering telephone queries, correspondence and Sage accounts.
- Production of service sheets.
- Other duties as required.
The funeral business can be very unpredictable and the employee will be expected to adopt a very flexible approach to their work and will be expected to work overtime with little or no warning.
Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- 8.00am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
- ½ hour lunch.
- 1 regular evening per week – 4.30pm – 8.30am.
- Approximately 1 weekend in four – Friday afternoon 4.30pm until Monday morning 8.30am.
- Bank Holiday as per rota – 24 hour period.
- Also expected to cover additional duties to cover periods of ill health /holiday
During duty periods a company vehicle will be provided and the employee will be expected to remain within the Swindon locality.
24 days holiday/annum.
Applicants should be fit and active with a good telephone manner, of smart appearance and a sensitive and caring disposition. A strong background in administration and customer service is essential. The successful client will need to be adaptable and able to work unsupervised with a ‘can do’ attitude. Training will be provided but a background in hands on funeral operations and administration would be advantageous.
Please send a covering letter and CV to:
Hillier Funeral Service
170 Victoria Road
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 2nd November, 2017